Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Holiday magic


Well I have not been doing well at updating consistently.. I am awful I know. I hope everyones Thanksgiving was enjoyable. For me it was good, awkward but good. I was surrounded by people I didn't know and anyone that knows me, knows how enjoyable that one is. NOT!
But lights on Temple square have turned on, they are beautiful! The lights and the snow really makes it feel more like Christmas. I love it! Its cold but there is magic in the air this time of year. There is more giving, more joy, more acceptance and more love. Though these things are here year round there is simply more of it this time of year.
I am reminded of the Children's story Christmas Oranges. In this story there was a little girl in an orphanage, every year they received a single orange for Christmas, but this year the girl had done something that made the headmaster mad, as a result she didn't get her Christmas orange. But all the girls sacrificed one piece of there orange so that she could have some.
Do we share in such a sacrificing way? Do we give so much? Try this Christmas season to find ways you can give.

No comments:

Post a Comment