Sunday, June 6, 2010

Well stake conference was really good. They reorganized the stake presidency. It was weird though because Kyle and I both felt like we were visitors because we haven't been in the stake that long and we are moving out of the stake next month. It was sweet though the music was done by the primary, and here I was singing along. "Faith is knowing the sun will rise, brighting each new day!" But I was pleased that there was a new song that I didn't know! And I loved it!
"A long time ago in a beautiful place,

Children were gathered ’round Jesus.
He blessed and taught as they felt of His love.
Each saw the tears on His face.
The love that He felt for His little ones
I know He feels for me.
I did not touch Him or sit on His knee,
Yet, Jesus is real to me.

Chorus
I know He lives!
I will follow faithfully.
My heart I give to Him.
I know that my Savior loves me.

Now I am here in a beautiful place,
Learning the teachings of Jesus.
Parents and teachers will help guide the way,
Lighting my path ev’ry day.
Wrapped in the arms of my Savior’s love,
I feel His gentle touch.
Living each day, I will follow His way,
Home to my Father above.
Chorus "

Elder Evans and Elder Price from the quorum of the 70 were there. It was really funny because one of the men that was speaking said "When I grow up I want to be just like him." (Says a 50 year old man about a man half his age. It was super cute.) Elder Evans spoke about the warning sings of life, and how Satan uses those warning signs against us to make us fall into temptation. Elder Price I don't think knew how to end a meeting on time. He was the junior apostle and yet he spoke the longest. Ahhh! And the problem was that he really wasn't speaking to me, he was talking to the teens approaching mission age and the elderly with time to serve....

No comments:

Post a Comment