Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter

Easter always makes me happy partially because it marks the beginning of spring but also because it one of the few times the world openly celebrates Christ. It is the one time a year that we as a human population get to celebrate the sacrifice of Christ. When I think of the sacrifice of the atonement I don't just think of his sacrifice but also the sacrifice that a loving Heavenly Father made. I mean how difficult must it of been to know the hardships and persecutions and pain a son would go through and still know that he must suffer it, so that all may be saved.
I think of the pain that Jesus Christ suffered. How many of the blood drops that were shed were for me? I think of all the pain that he suffered with out complaint. When he was in the Garden of Gethsemane taking on the sins of the world. Taking away my sins. I know I am not perfect and I know that I have made mistakes and will continue to make mistakes. But I know because of him I can repent and get up and try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment