Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Counting my blessings

I think all to often we as a people as the general population of this place we call earth, that is our home become so caught up in our lives that we tend to forget. Forget from whence we came. That we do in deed have a Heavenly Father, that he loves each one of us and that everything that we have comes from him. Everything from the air we breath to the roof over our heads is a blessing a gift if you will from him.
My challenge for myself was to think only of the blessings that I have been given in my life. (Hard part is I had to think of the blessings ONLY from this week.) I was not allowing myself to go strolling down memory lane and being grateful for ever Tom, Dick, and Harry.... But to think on a deeper level. Things that I was truly gratefully for. Things that had truly impacted me. Things that made me get to my knees and thank my Heavenly Father right there and then for them.
After thinking about these items I made myself pick only the top five. Five things that I was most gratefully for. now this made me think even more. What was there that I was more grateful for then anything else? What could I rank above everything else. (This was not easy!) The top 3 I had no problem with.
1. My savior Jesus Christ
2. My membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints
3. My eternal companion and husband

But then I had to think what other 2 things am I most gratefully for? Is it my health? My family? My friends? But all this time remembering that I had to have been thankful for it in this past week! As I thought and thought I kept remembering a scripture that I read recently. "For Moses had said, aConsecrate yourselves to day to the Lord, even every man upon his bson, and upon his brother; that he may bestow upon you a cblessing this day." (Exodus 32:10)
As we give our self to God as we show our gratitude for all that he has given us he will bless us even more. That is when I decided what my other top 5 items would be.
4. Scriptures that allow me to come closer to God
5. The ability to repent, because I know I am not perfect. I need repentance to become better!

Hope all of you can take the time to figure out your top 5! What are you most grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment